Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CPMA - CEUs

Exam Training Packages
    I went to the bootcamp NAMAS had and it helped me alot. I passed the test.

their test was easy.

2. Default Boot Camp?
    Are you referring to the two day classes?

Thanks

Question CPMA CEU's info/confusion
    Hi Guys! I found this information on the AAPC website, under the CPMA information. Here is a link:

http://www.aapc.com/certification/cpma.aspx

This information is under the "Certification Requirements" tab,
    Maintaining Certification
    CPMA®(Certified Professional Medical Auditor) credential is a "base" credential, with different requirements for CEUs. Each examination is separate and distinct from one another. To obtain all certifications, each examination must be taken separately and passed. Continuing Education Unit (CEU) submissions are required for all certifications. For CEU requirements please see our CEU Information page.

I also did a CEU search and specified the CPMA specialty, and it didn't provided all the webinars on the webinar subscripton.

So now I am wondering why AAPC told LLovett (post above) different info than what is on the website? Maybe in the future they will have a different requirement? Clear as mud to me. If I am missing something, PLEASE post. I am taking the 2 day training in Vegas and test soon after.

I will send this post to AAPC and see what they say.

Happy Coding!! MDavis

Default Deborah Grider's Book
    Anyone interested in selling their copy?

Exclamation CPMA CEU reply from AAPC
    Here is the QUICK reply from AAPC 5 minutes ago:

I apologize about the confusion from the information they may have got. For the CPMA credential you are required to get specific CEUS to this specialty. When you do the search for CEUS online for the CPMA the Webinars that come up will count towards CPMA credit. Not all Webinars will count the same to CPMA as they do to CPC.

Hope this clears it up!!! It does for me, now the search is on to find the right subjects for the right certification!!

MDavis

Default exam review class-namas
    I took the class and reviewing for the exam with book you can fet a copy from amazon and it is cheaper much.

Default Interesting
    Thanks for getting the update. If you notice my original post was back in 2010, I was one of the beta testers for the CPMA. The AAPC didn't seem to have all their ducks in a row at the time which would explain why there is a different response now.

As far as the webinars, they do tell you what credentials get CEU credit, not sure who determines this though. Many don't make a lot of sense.

So what if you want to use CEUs from some where other than the AAPC? What determines which credential will get credit?

I don't know what the test entails now but when I took it the content was more compliance than auditing. Which makes it all the more confusing when trying to figure out what applies to it.

My CEUs are due this month, I have a ton of them, hopefully I will get credit where I need it.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Personally, I found the bootcamp to be excellent. I use the NAMAS webinars and the AAPC National conference for all of my CPMA CEUs. At the national conference, the agenda for each class (at least last year) told you which credentials you could use the CEUs for. Not all CPC related CEUs will work for CPMA, at least I don't think so, but I would definitely keep in touch with the AAPC about it. They will be the final say over how we can use the CEUs we earn.
    Julie Davis
    CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA
    julie@r-davis.com

9. Default cpma
    i need 14.50 ceu por cpma urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

<P>Depending on how much you want to spend, and what urgent is.&nbsp; NAMAS has a great training and I think it's 16 CEU's.&nbsp; They have a membership for $200 a year, with Webinars and Roundtables, that give you all the credits you need for the year.</P>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12