Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CPMA - CEUs

Default CPMA - CEUs
    Medical Coding Books
    I read Deborah Grider's book, Medical Record Auditor. As I understand, this can count toward CEUs, correct? How do you report that?
    Amy Bishard, BA, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CCS, RCC
    Instructor, Medical Billing and Coding, Cox College
    amy.bishard@coxcollege.edu
    2015 Education Officer - Springfield MO AAPC Chapter
    Former AAPC Chapter Association Board of Directors 2012-2015
    2011 President - Springfield MO AAPC Chapter
    2010 President Elect - Springfield MO AAPC Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by abishard View Post
    I read Deborah Grider's book, Medical Record Auditor. As I understand, this can count toward CEUs, correct? How do you report that?
    I don't know, Amy. When you find out, can you please post the answer? You can call AAPC on Monday or write to them at info@aapc.com

I had a friend that emailed them regarding the HEM/ONC book (same scenario) and they are researching that for her. Let me know what you find out and I'll let you know if we hear on her situation.

Susan R, CPC, CEMC
    Probable CPMA

Smile
    I'm CPMA, I need 7 CEU in E/M, for that certification: Where could I get Deborah Grider's book. Thank you
    Vicky Llanes
    CPC, CPC-H, CPMA
    AS

I ordered it from the AMA.

I will let you all know when I find out. I definitely recommend the book to anyone taking the test.

I don't see where E/M CEUs count for CPMA. I just found out I passed today and it says I need 2 CEUs for my CPMA due next month. I have more E/M CEUs than I need for my CEMC that I could switch over but I was just wondering how you figured we could use those.

Thanks

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Default Medical Record Auditor by Deborah Grider
    Here is the response I got from the AAPC regarding CEUs for this book:

Question: I recently passed the CPMA. I purchased Deborah Grider's book, Medical Record Auditor. Can this book be counted toward CEUs? Please advise. Thank you.

AAPC Response: Congratulations on passing the CPMA exam. Unfortunately, the publication "Medical Record Auditor" by Deborah Grider does not have prior CEU approval so no CEU credit would be given.

Question: Ok, how can I get it approved? It was listed as a study guide for CPMA so why couldn't I count it?

AAPC Response: Beginning January 2007, all continuing education programs must be pre-approved by the AAPC in order to obtain CEUs. For 2009, all pre-approved publications require a test (provided by the vendor) to obtain CEU credit. Unfortunately, the AMA did not renew their CEU approval this year.
    Last edited by abishard; 01-12-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: mistake

Default Any ideas?
    I am definitely open to ideas for the CPMA as well. I need 4 CEUs by April.

I am thinking any of the self-study modules from CMS in Medical Learning Network. Any other ideas?

Default CPMA CEUs
    I called the AAPC yesterday and she told me that it is a core credential so the same type of CEUs that are ok for our CPCs work for the CPMA. She also told me they would work with us until everything is ironed out since they just took it over from NAMAS.

I hope that is true since mine are due next month. She said that the coding edge and blast CEUs will count so I should have enough since they have to be after the date we passed the exam.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Default CPMA Exam
    For those of you who have already taken the exam, did any take the classes being offered prior to the test.

I have Deborah's book also, but was wondering if I should take the classes offered first or if the reading the book would be enough.

Thanks in advance,

Terri Winsor, CPC
    Terri Winsor, CPC, CCC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast