I do billing for radiology interpretations also so this is a VERY important issue with my office. The CMS Guidelines state that if the interp is performed in a hospital setting use POS 22 (we also were using 21 and 23 when indicated)
I think that if his/her office is in a hospital then you would use POS 11. I am going to listen to 2 different teleconferences given by our Medicare carriers (I bill for two different states) on this subject - one on Weds and one next Tuesday in hopes of getting betting clarification.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join