At my ASC, we bill everybody by Medicare guidelines (RT/LT), unless otherwise specified in payor contract, There is a section in the ACS claims processing manual, i believe, on the CMS Website, that will explain the bilateral requirement of RT/LT.
That being said, Unless the commercial contract states specifically how to bill we follow Medicare guidelines. I know that our WC requires RT/LT as well as the majors...Aet/Bcbs/Cigna/UHC...etc...
I will search for the link and post back to you..have a nice day!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join