This is from the CPT Assistant--June 2005 page 9-11
Medicine: Active Wound Care Management
Question: Is it appropriate for physicians to report codes from the active wound care management series 97597-97606?
AMA Comment:Codes in the active wound care management series provide a mechanism for reporting interventions associated with active wound care as performed by licensed nonphysician professionals. These codes are to be reported by nonphysician professionals (eg, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, enterostomal therapy nurses, wound care nurses, physical therapists) licensed to perform these procedures. Only those individuals licensed by a particular state to perform the described services should use the codes to report services. As licensure varies from state to state, the applicable state laws and requirements determine who may perform specific types of services. For wound debridement performed by physicians, see codes 11040-11044
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join