There are screening and diagnostic FOB tests, and each described by being either guaiac based or immunoassay.
82270: Screening, guaiac based
G0328: Screening, immunoassay based
82272: Diagnostic, guaiac based (3-test card or from digital rectal exam), symptomatic patient
82274: Diagnostic, immunoassay based
See "CPT Assistant," April 2008, page 5 and CMS's IOM-04, Chapter 18, Section 60.
These are CLIA-waived tests, so a CLIA # is required for claim submission as is an order. 82274 and G0328 need the CLIA modifier, QW. Medicare will pay a screening FOB every year for a beneficiary beginning at age 50.
PM me if you have any questions. I'm in Ohio too.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join