I don't think that this is "allowed". I believe that all procedures must be submitted to payors, especially if the patient is Medicare (Mandatory Claim Sumission). If the procedure carries a 90-day global, then it's probably a high dollar service. Would the physician rather lose out on the revenue generated by this service to cover post-op/routine care? It doesn't seem logical.
Just my two-cents worth...
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join