I would use 214.8, lipoma of other specified sites. While it is under the skin breast tissue isn't really subcutaneous tissue (though there is some directly under the skin of course).
Don't call this a benign breast neoplasm because lipomas have thier own specified code. Pathology is reporting their exam as a lipoma (CPT 88304) not as a breast bx or breast excision (88305 or 88307).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join