You may find this helpful. This is from the Coding Alert publication Reader Questions: Biceps Tenotomy May Require Unlisted
Question: Our physician performed a rotator cuff repair, subacromial decompression, limited debridement and biceps tenotomy through the arthroscope on a patientâ€™s shoulder. Which code should we report for the arthroscopic biceps tenotomy?
New York Subscriber
Answer: CPT does not yet include a code that describes arthroscopic biceps tenotomy. Most coders report the unlisted-procedure code 29999 (Unlisted procedure, arthroscopy) for this procedure and use 23440 (Resection or transplantation of long tendon of biceps) as a comparison code.
Tip: If the surgeon performs the tenotomy as a mini-open procedure, you can report 23440 instead of the unlisted-procedure code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join