AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Coding from home

Talking Coding from home

AAPC: Back to School
    Hey Everyone,

I haven't done this in a while and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they are paid by case coded or hourly? If case, how much is a going standard charge? If hourly, what do you charge. This is part-time and not full time so I just wanted to see if I could get you're all's input. Thanks very much.

Bangor, Maine

It varies quite a bit depending on whether or not you are coding contract jobs, consulting, traveling, etc. I have heard anywhere from $ .75/per chart to $ 28.00/hr for traveling coders including transportation and housing. For example, I recently spoke with a firm that does only ER coding and it is between $ .75 to $ 1.50/ per chart, but they want a minimum of 2-300 charts done a day. It also depends on whether you do professional or facility side, or both. The pay is also subcontracted so there are no taxes taken out and no benefits. Everywhere is individually different. Good luck finding one, as well. I hear that it can be quite difficult in some cases. Good Luck

Similar Threads

1. Coding at home
    By sctaylor in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM
  2. Coding from home
    By marty3073 in forum Job Postings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
  3. Coding from home
    By cpccoder2008 in forum Job Postings
    Replies: 4