It varies quite a bit depending on whether or not you are coding contract jobs, consulting, traveling, etc. I have heard anywhere from $ .75/per chart to $ 28.00/hr for traveling coders including transportation and housing. For example, I recently spoke with a firm that does only ER coding and it is between $ .75 to $ 1.50/ per chart, but they want a minimum of 2-300 charts done a day. It also depends on whether you do professional or facility side, or both. The pay is also subcontracted so there are no taxes taken out and no benefits. Everywhere is individually different. Good luck finding one, as well. I hear that it can be quite difficult in some cases. Good Luck
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join