If the ultrasound tech was doing an ultrasound on an ob patient, then she needs to be coding from cpt 76801 to 76828. As far as charging the patient twice, this could actually be a company policy question. What didn't the tech see? Why wasn't it visable? Was it the pt's fault, if not, do we want to be billing the patient twice? If so, are we making the situation clear to the pt why they are billing twice?
Just some things to think about.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join