Do it on accuracy. Set a % and do a weekly or monthly audit of so many charts for each coder. If they hit that goal or above they get ____.
You could also do other things like ask for suggestions to improve workflow, the department, etc then enter those in a drawing to win something. This way you get them more involved, get ideas to help improve, and somebody gets something. You could hold that once a month or once every 6 months in addition to any other measures in place.
There is also attendance, schools give awards for perfect attendance, why not employers?
Just a few thoughts,
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join