First ... slow down a minute and explain this clearly.
Let's see if I have this right ...
Your doctor attends birth ... baby is critical and admited to your hospital ... but baby needs more specialized care so after some period of time is transferred to another hospital that can provide that specialized NICU care.
Do I have that right so far?
I know it's long and involved, but read the guidelines in CPT regarding Inpatient Neonatal and Pediatric Critical Care. This exact scenario is explained there. (2010 CPT Professional edition printed by AMA this begins on page 36 and continues to page 37.)
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join