It would not be sufficient for the physician to state that a detailed history was performed. He would need to document the elements of a detailed history (4 HPI, 2 ROS, 1 PFSH). The MA can take and document the history BUT, the MD must refer to ROS/PFSH and basically re-obtain the HPI (he could read the MA's note and reiterate what was said but he cannot copy and paste it word-for-word).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join