Can you tell me if your practice codes a -25 with E/M for everyone who had something else done during the visit, like 81003 or 87880 or 81025? Do in house labs count as a procedure or service as defined by AMA?
I am trying to get this right because mod -25 was never explained to me properly until a brick hit me in the head yesterday (figuratively speaking).
Now I understand that with 20610, 11200, etc (actual procedures) that I'll add the -25 to the E/M that came with it, but what about labs and such?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join