Well for a dx I would go with V68.89 Encounter for administrative purposes Other specified administrative purpose Other.
As far as cpt I am mostly in favor of the unlisted preventive. The only other option I see (besides the S code) would be that of 99401-99404. Which part of me is leary of because it is for behavior modification/risk factor reduction but it could be argued that is exactly what you are doing for a possible future problem.
Oh, one other thing, Medicare has this as a PQRI code, which is not a reimbursable code. That makes me think that this is something that should be part of another service not a stand alone in their minds so I would be very hesitant to bill this to Medicare as a stand alone service. Just an additional thought.
I love it when things are clear as mud, makes the day so much more fun...lol
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join