There are a few variables in this situation, but I would code your scenario a couple ways:
New pt - code 99201, the admin (90471/90472), and the immuz -- for the OV use dx V70.3.
Est pt - code only the admin and immuz codes -- unless your dictation shows there was additional counseling or some problem-oriented exam.
Generally if the pt is only coming in for immun, we schedule them with a RN appt.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join