It varies for each insurance. Iowa Medicaid dictates we submit EVERY NDC code so we have all of ours loaded anyway. Other insurance companies only want it for specific drugs (maybe its just that they are not current, imagine that).
The other problem we run into is not all insurance companies want it listed in the same place on the HCFA. It would nice if there was consistancy wouldn't it?!
It can be a bit of a project, it would probably be best to just start loading NDC's for all of your drugs (saline, heparin etc included).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join