"This active HCPCS code became effective on: 01/01/2010
Medicare coverage status is listed as 'C' = Carrier judgement.
There are no Cross Reference Codes listed for this code
Pricing for this code is determined by the Physician Fee Schedule with the price established by carriers (e.g., not otherwise classified, individual determination, carrier discretion
There are no HCPCS Coverage Issues Manual references for this code
There are no Medicare Carrier Manual references for this code
There is no HCPCS Statute Reference number for this code. "
I don't see why you couldn't bill this for just the strips. I would use the above information as a jumping off point and try to contact CMS for clarification. Sometimes, salesmen will tell you whatever they need to......
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join