I would use the appropriate dislocation code according to location (e.g. metatarsal bone closed 838.04) and V15.81 noncompliance of medical procedure with CPT 28645 open treatment of metatarsophangel joint or other open procedure for treating dislocation according to location. Now if the bone had started to calcify then it is a fracture diagnosis with diagnosis of 825.25 closed fracture of metatarsal bone and V15.81 pt noncompliance with CPT of 28485 open treatment of metatarsal fracture, includes internal fixation, with perform, each. You will need to include accident information of accident date with description of patient fracture foot due to running. Also will need a 79 modifier since the dislocation or fracture treatment is due to injury and noncompliance of the patient is different diagnosis from original procedure.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join