TY hgolfos for the link!
Now I need something else. I'm not that great at coding pain management and need some insight if I'm correct in my thinking on the below Op Report:
Lumbar radiofrequency denervation L2-L3, L3-L4,
L4-L5, and L5-S] bilateral, sacroiliac joint
radiofrequency denervation x4 bilateral.
DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE:
The patient was identified as Bob the Builder and was brought to the operating suite. After placing appropriate monitoring devices and intravenous lines, monitored anesthesia care was induced. The patient was placed in prone position on the operating table. Care was taken to make sure all bony prominences had gentle pressure. Care was taken to make sure the brachial plexus had normal pressure. The neck was carefully flexed in all planes. The patient was then prepped and draped in the usual sterile manner in the lumbar field. Under fluorometric guidance, the L1-L2 facet joint was localized and injected with 0.5 cc of 0.5% Marcaine and then heated to 80â€ťC for 90 seconds. This was done at L2-L3, L3-L,4, L4-L5, and L5-Sl first on the right and left and then was done at the sacroiliac joint in four locations first on the right and then on the left.
What would this be coded as effective 01/01/2010?
Hereâ€™s my guess:
64493 w/ 50= 2 total
64494 w/ 50= 2 total
64495 w/ 50= 2 total
Can anyone help me please?? Thanks SO much!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join