S2900 is a HCPCS level II code, it is used in addition to the primary procedure code to let the insurance company know that a robotic assisted device was used. There is no reimbursement for this code, it is for imformation purposes only. Also, many carriers do not recognize the S code.
A robotic assisted procedure should be billed with the laparoscopic procedure code that best fits.
The only codes that specify the use of a robot are in patient codes in the 17.41-17.49 range.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join