I am new to Urology and have a question regarding the 2010 changes in Urodynamics codes.
Specifically, we purchased a Urocuff CT3000 late last year which uses a penile cuff to measure voiding pressure. We were using cpt code 51795 to report this test.
51795 has been deleted for 2010. Our friendly sales rep says that the new codes render our new 10k machine without a corresponding CPT code unless we purchase additional equipment to perform EEG along with it.
My question: It appears that 51728 describes the test previously represented by 51795 only includes complex cystometrogram. What exactly defines complex cystometrogram? Are transurethral catheters required to be considered complex?
Any guidance you can give would be most appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join