I have questions before I can answer you.
1) Is the doctor a surgeon?
2) Are these scheduled procedures?
If the patient has been scheduled for the procedure, the surgeon is already being paid for the E/M. The reimbursement for the procedure includes the appropriate initial hospital visit evaluation of the patient.
You mention he tried to code an established office visit? That makes no sense at all! Maybe you can clarify with some specifics of the case.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join