Those are both codes for LESI. The difference is where the injection is given. If the injection is given directly into the epidural space or subarachnoid space, then 62311 is the code. If the nerve roots that extend from the spinal cord at each level are targeted, then 64483 is the code.
Note that by definition, 62311 cannot be bilateral or have multiple levels. 64483 can be bilateral and/or multi-level.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join