I just asked a similar question in a post in the E&M forum and the response so far is that, yes, it is a global and the E&M can not be charged. But I am also waiting for an answer about whether or not we can charge for something like a suture "check" without removal but with an exam and the same for an abscess check with injection for antibiotics. I am still waiting to hear back but check in that forum and maybe she will answer us both soon, as she is extremely helpful in these situations...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join