AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EEk! Help! Question about 77003 (Fluoroscopy)

Capital Coders, Columbia, SC

AAPC: Back to School
    Radiology is definitely not my specialty, but I do plenty of worker's comp. In regards to the original question, keep in mind that billing your everyday commercial insurance companies and Medicare/Medicaid, versus worker's comp, is like football vs. rugby. WC carriers have to follow the guidelines and fee schedule of each state's WC commission. Here in South Carolina, we working off a 2003 WC fee schedule. In addition, other bundling guidelines exist, such as, established outpatient visits are not payable is a procedure is performed. And that's ANY procedure. Examine your state's WC guidelines carefully, or request a copy of the particular guideline that a carrier is referring to for a denied charge. It's a whole different ballgame.

Bill Hale, CPC

I get paid with WC using 76003-TC for ASC. Hope this help.

Hi Rebecca,

I work for Pain Management Group and Anesthesia and was wondering if you might have a copy of Anesthesia and Pain Coder's Pink Sheet for October 2009, Vol. 10, No. 10 Dated 10-01-09 that you could please share.

Thanks Kim CPC Fax 239-261-4232 Collier Anesthesia PA Naples

New Port Richey & Gulf to Bay

Default Payment Indicators

77003 has a payment indicator of NI. This payment indicator states that the service is bundled into a payment for the procedure. Some payers do reimburse for the 77003, but from my experience, not many. I will still report the service expecially in regards to pain management services, when appropriate.

That does not address the technical component- is there anything that states we should not bill for the ASC when using fluro for the 63650?

(These are my opinions and should not be construed as being the final authority. Other opinions may vary.)

You may get paid with 77002 in conjunction with 63650. I am finding some discussion of this on the web (http://www.codapedia.org/topicOpen.c...80C044B6535D1E) and NCCI edits do not bundle it. I will give it a try for my next claim.

Richard Mann, your pain management coder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12