From what I have heard on the teleconferences thus far: The doctor that uses the AI modifier should be the physician that follows the patients care. Usually that would be the same as the admitting - but, if not (and it was not one of your doctors in your practice), then the doctor that will be their 'primary' physician during their stay would use the AI. But, both will bill an initial care (provided all of the required components are met). If all three key components are not met - then a subsequent care visit would be billed.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join