You will find the code for quantative testing of Medperidine under the category of Opiates. Meperidine is also known as Demerol, which is an opiate. Code 83925 Opiate(s), drug and metabolites, each procedure. This code has been changed this year. If you look in Appendix B you will see that the wording has been changed. The example "morphine, meperidine" have been deleted and the new wording is "drug and metabolites, each."
Juddi Schneider, CPC, CPC-I, CCS-P
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join