It all depends on the referring provider's intent and documentation as well as your provider's documentation.
CPT code 62273 has a global day of "0" and is considered minor surgery. The decision to perform minor surgery is included in the payment for the procedure and should not be billed as an E&M or consult.
I, personally, do not bill a consult with a blood patch as the referring provider generally refers patient "for blood patch by anesthesia".
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join