Sadly this is considered cosmetic. Unfortunately for most(but not all) insurance a "tummy tuck" is considered any thing other than cosmetic unless the physician documents several occurances of skin infections with necrosis due to the panis. Also the panis must hang down by so many inches. It is unfortunate.
Reconstruction is when there has been trauma or a neoplasm removed that has caused a defect which needs plastic repair to return the patient to whole.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join