A shave is the removal of the entire anomoly partical thickness which means into the dermis. A biopsy is a removal of a piece of a lesion and can be either full or partial thickness. An excision is a removal of the entire anomoly full thickness which is through the dermis. A punch is a tool that always goes full thickness. If the punch takes the entire anomoly it is an excision, if it takes a piece the it is a biopsy. Looks to me like you have an excision.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join