I had asked a short time ago about coding a unilateral extremity arterial vascular study. Danny Peoples answered my question in using modifier -52 for this. Now the hospital that I work for is asking what code to use if an upper extremity and lower extremity arterial vascular study is performed on the same side, i.e. rt arm and right leg. Any ideas?
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC, R.T.(CV)
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join