I had a conversation with Medicare yesterday and was told if you have a 21 or 22 POS then the 78452 with 26 modifier will process correctly if you have a 11 POS they are stating that you can not separate the code.
I was getting a rejection regarding the 78452 stating invalid POS, we read the test for a outpatient testing center, and they stated that because it was a 22 POS I needed a 26 modifier on the claim, which I thought I had but did not. And that was when she told me about the POS situation. Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join