Is your new provider a clinical psychologist? Because these codes can only be used by them. Here is a link to my local Medicare carrier, WPS, and their policy on these codes.
I didn't read through the whole LCD so I don't know if they say in writing you can't bill the health & behavior codes with an E/M but, if you check in CCI, the 96150 will bundle into the E/M and no modifier can bypass the edit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join