I bill alot of 92136. For Medicare (ours is Palmetto) I bill 92136 with no RT or LT. They don't want it and for the 2nd Eye I bill 92136 modifier 26. Thats how Medicare wants it and and pays for it. For Non-Medicare payers they pay for both right and left. So I bill 92136 RT then 92136 LT.
Do you have the Book from American Academy of Ophthalmology called the Ophthalmic Coding Coach. I live by this book and it also as helped me win some appeals.
Hopes this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join