If the joint has been replace then there is no arthritis in that joint so the visit will be the V54 code for the followup following joint replacement with the V43 code for the joint replacement status or it is a V67.x code for the followup with joint replacement status V code. once a condition is taken care of and no longer exists then we cannot code it. If the patient has DJD of the other joint(s) then you may append the 715.xx code secondary.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join