I don't bill these morphometric codes on muscle, nerve, or tumor but I do bill the 88360 for breast cancer hormone receptors. Every report says they were examined by morphometric analysis (manual for this code) and translates what the quantative findings mean, ie. "ER positive = >10% of nuclei immunoreactive."
I would do the same for the codes you are asking about. "positive" and 'negative", "+1" etc are qualitative rather than quantitative unless you provide some kind of measurement to show that you've done the counting (morphometry).
As for 88387, 88388, I haven't seen anything yet. I've been looking too because I would like to bill this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join