I would use 558.9-Inflammation gastrointestinal (enteritis) and if you look up inflammation jejunum it states see Enteritis which is 558.9.
There is a digestive complication code-997.4, however I'm not sure if this fits, you could review the code along with your note.
As for the removal of the suture there is no billable code for that. I have recently found an artical stating that the removal of therapeutic devices are not to be billed using the CPT 43247(foreign body removal).
Review the document in this link, please "You be the Coder" on document pages 29 (the question) and document page 31 (the answer).
See the link below
: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:8Q7s2HfcjlIJ:www.codinginstitut e.com/sample/gacv11n4%255B1%255D.pdf+gastroenterology+coding+al ert+2009+vol+11+No+4+pages+25-32&hl=en&gl=us&sig=AHIEtbSuugkn6ph4hVWbO45U05nSXmn zfQ
Tracie Briggs, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join