Ok what I have on the On Q pain pumps is from the STS and they state that 11981 is correct but Medicare considers it bundled with the procedure and not separately billable. It is up to the individual carriers as to whether or not the commercials cover it.
We don't bill it but most of ours are medicare, CVT practice.
On the wound vac, I am going to assume you are talking about 97605/97606.
I completely disagree with using this code for the placement at the end of the surgery. If you read the definition it is more that just putting the dressing on, which is what they are doing when closing in surgery. This is just part of the procedure unless someone can provide something that states otherwise.
Hope that helps,
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join