Ok, why are the patients coming in?
Do I understand correctly when you are saying they are using the same key components that you can not separate the 2 visits out of the note?
While it is ok to have 2 E/Ms and only have one note, you can not use the same info twice. You have to be able to pull enough info out that supports each code on its own.
If they are both based on the same info you can not use the 25 modifier, there is one thing you have in writing that should help prove your point.
I am really perplexed though as to why this would seem ok to anyone to start with. So I would like to see some more info as to why these patients are coming in and what type of provider this is.
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join