Can anyone tell me how you would code a general allergic reaction? Example... A patient comes into the ED with a rash and lip swelling at home. The patient does not have a history of allergies. The patient can not think of what could have caused the reaction. Just remember eating shrimp but has eaten this before without a problem. The MD states Dx as " allergic reaction".
If you can give the E-codes also that would be great.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join