It is my understanding that if the physician actually performs 99144 himself .. actually starting the IV, etc. then he is allowed to bill for it .. even if the procedure is done in an OP surgery center. If the RN "starts" the IV and the physician did not personally do so - then it should not be billed. It is not a reimbursable charge on the facility side because it is considered "inclusive" .. hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join