you must bill under the NPP (PA, or NP) unless the physician was present during the consult . If the physician sees the same patient on the same day and writes his own note this could be a shared encounter, but per CR1776 - If there is no face-to-face encounter betweent the physician and the patient on the same day day (even if the physician signs off on the documentation provided by the NPP), the visit must be billed under the NPP.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join