AAPC - Back to school

Thread: NP, walk-in,laceration repair, chronic conditions..help!

Question NP, walk-in,laceration repair, chronic conditions..help!

AAPC: Back to School
    Hello, I am new to coding and need help. We had a New PT walk-in during regularly scheduled patients, in need of a laceration repair. She has RA and Asthma and takes meds to treat them. She was also in need of a Tetnus shot. Would I code a 12002(3.5cm repair), 99203-25, 90471-25, 90703? I guess my uncertainty lies with the E/M visit and the laceration repair? Also, she disrupted our normally scheduled patients...Should I code the 99058? Any input is GREATLY appreciated!

Ok, was she just seen because of the laceration or was she also wanting to establish care while she was at it?

There is nothing wrong with the new E/M, lac, and tetanus shot. I just question the level of the new visit. A detailed exam seems a bit much to me if she presented just for the laceration repair. I just have a hard time seeing that much exam but it could just be me.

As far as the 99058 it really depends on your carrier. We don't charge that because most of our carriers reject it as provider write off.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Similar Threads

1. Status of three chronic conditions
    By ccoonce in forum E/M
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 03:40 PM
  2. 3 Chronic conditions..
    By EmilyDingee in forum E/M
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM
  3. chronic conditions
    By raposo1 in forum Cardiology