Ok, was she just seen because of the laceration or was she also wanting to establish care while she was at it?
There is nothing wrong with the new E/M, lac, and tetanus shot. I just question the level of the new visit. A detailed exam seems a bit much to me if she presented just for the laceration repair. I just have a hard time seeing that much exam but it could just be me.
As far as the 99058 it really depends on your carrier. We don't charge that because most of our carriers reject it as provider write off.
Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join