AAPC - Back to school
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: No Coding Jobs for inexperienced Coders

Unhappy Scare

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi I just graduate last year from medical coding and billing. When I was in my Xtern they offer me a job as a receptionist but I turn down the offer because they want to pay me the minimum 7.25 and I have had get pay more working at the local mall. Now I feel sorry I didn´t stay. I pass my CPC test last week. Since after I did my Xtern I have been looking for a receptionist position but without luck no call not even for interview. I am getting frustrated more that I have been reading all the comments before I feel like I spend soo much money in school for nothing. I need a job so I can have experience!!!!! I live in El Paso Texas

Charlotte North Carolina Chapter

Yeah, that was wrong of you not to take the position that was offered to you after the Xtern. Sometimes its not what you know but who you know. If they did not feel positive about you working in that office then they would have never offered it to you. Sometimes you have to crawl before you walk and with alot of us not having the experience in coding or the medical field for that matter we should take what is offered to us just to get our foot in the door and prove ourselves so eventually new positions may become available.

Default Jacklucas

Although im still in school, im beginning to wonder if this was a good field to get into. From what i have read here, people are having a hard time finging employment in this field?

I live in Louisiana and can only speak for myself. While I was in college getting my coding diploma, I went to four different coding sites to observe. When I was at my third coding site, on my second day, I was hired there. I left there and was immediately hired at a large hospital here. I left there and have been at a large clinic since January 2008. Please don't give up. I wish you much luck!!

My sister-in -law is thinking about this as a career and I feel bad about this but I discourged her from doing it because of all the unemployed coders without experience. She has planned to go to school and get certified but i suggested trying to find a company that you could get thes experience with, hopefully have them pay for the certification and then move on from there.
    adrianne, cpc

Quote Originally Posted by ttsaunders1 View Post
    I have been searching for a coding job for over 5 years. I have an associate's degree in MOT and I am now a CPC. I am still searching for a job. I have done externship with an AAPC accredited company. Still there are no jobs available in my state for those with no experience. What can we do as a community to change this. I spoke with the president in my local chapter. She speaks as if we can not change the way things are. I believe that we can if we all pull together and work hard for what we believe in. I want to know is there anyone else out there that is having this same issue. I know of several other people in my area. Someone please help me to change this. I am not going to give up. Though at times I do get a little discouraged about this. I am 30 year old single mother of three and in dyer need of a job with a lasting career in the medical coding field. I have many other talents but they are not a challenge to me only this medical field is my biggest challenge. So if you hear me, feel me and understand me help me please! We are counting on helping hands and those of you who are having this same issue. To push this through all states around the world to give people that do not have experience to give them the opportunity to gain experiene with varies companies besides just dong volunteer work which is a great thing. But after you have taking that step where do you go from there. I have been faxing my resume, posting my resume and building my resume. I am not looking for a hand out just a breakthrough. I will work hard for what I believe in and this is something that I will work hard for to change. I just need people on y side and to help shjow me the way. Thanks
    Tanisha Saunders Atlanta, Georgia native. I can be contacted through email: ttsaunders1@bellsouth.net. DESPERATELY SEEKING FOR ANSWER

If you live in Georgia, look up a company called PerSe' Technologies, or McKesson Corp. They do hire new coders, and will help you with more training. I used to work for them, but I had to move to MO and now I am out of work...
    Good luck-

Unhappy Student

OMG!!! I am in my last semister of my training getting ready to take the CPC exam in May. I have been trying to get my feet wet, been asking questions, getting ready to start my 2nd internship, (20 hours) for school. I am finding that there are just no jobs out there for CPC-A coders. In the school catalogue under the courses they state where there are internships available, but now that I can actually go do one, the're reply is I have to go find one myself. Which I have, twice!! But it is all so misleading. The school and the professor all just want your money. My class is getting ready to take the exam, about 35 women. I hear next semister is already full. How on earth are we all going to get jobs!!! They didn't tell me that this field was so hard to get in to!! Now that the end is in site, I can't seem to get any employer to look at me seriously.

I am going to go through the AAPC internship program, but don't think this will be enough!! Really frustrated and let down. I had such high hopes at the begining, but found all this out through my own research. My moral is really down, and am going into the CPC exam like this!!! Dam. Makes me mad. I too have medical field experience, administrative experience. I think no one wants to hire me in a lessor field, because when they see my resume they know that I am ultimately looking for a coding job and won't hire me either!

It seems like a catch 22! All I can do is hang in there!

Question Rookie Rhonda

If you don't mind me asking, what is remote coding?

It's working from home.

I live in woodbridge Virginia, I got a certificate from NOVA for billing and coding. I will take CPC test on June. I tried to look for a job vainly. As you said everybody is asking for experience. I AM FRUSTRATED and I don t know what to do...