I am having the same difficulty as all of you. I have an IT background prior to my billing/coding education. I am CPC-A certified. My local chapter tells me to try and get a clerical position so I can get my foot in the door and that's what I am currently searching for. Even those positions require prior experience. I wish the schools would change their advertisements about help with job placements after completion of the programs. I have friends with the same difficulty we face. One of them is working a security job to have an income. I wish I knew how we could change this situation to persuade employers to give us 'new' coders the experience we deserve.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join