AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Bubble Echocardiography???

Default Bubble Echocardiography???

AAPC: Back to School
    I am having trouble finding a CPT code for a bubble echo. Can anyone point me toward the correct code(s)? I don't code a lot of cardio and I want to be sure I am coding it correctly. Thanks.

Phoenix, AZ

A bubble study is part of the echo. You just code the echo 93306-26.
    Cyndi Allen, CPC, CIRCC
    2015 Local Chapter President, Casa Grande, AZ

ok thanks. I know they are using sterile saline mixed with a gas?? Do I need to charge any hcpcs J code for the contrast material?

Phoenix, AZ

The gas is air (used to create the bubbles). The contrast is part of the study.

I just wanted to mention, in the future, post your cardiology questions in the cardiology forum. I'm new to adult cardiology as well. I learn quite a bit from the cardiology forum.
    Cyndi Allen, CPC, CIRCC
    2015 Local Chapter President, Casa Grande, AZ

Thanks for your help. Being a first time poster, I did not realize there were different "categories" until AFTER I posted my question, but I will certainly keep your suggestion in mind next time I post a question.

Similar Threads

1. Echocardiography
    By Sugumaran in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 10:43 PM
  2. Echocardiography
    By dsalvador@dhmh.state.md.us in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
  3. Transesophageal Echocardiography
    By Shirleybala in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 0