0200T is the correct code; however, BCBS often applies restrictions to category III codes. Many times, these codes are considered experimental and aren't payable. My particular BCBS has a restriction for this procedure...
"Any service or procedure that could be considered experimental or investigational requires prior approval.
Note: Blue Medicare HMO/PPO will not provide coverage for experimental or investigational medical and surgical procedures, equipment and medications, unless covered by Original Medicare or unless, for certain services, the procedures are covered under an approved clinical trial."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join