The presenter is correct. Anytime there is a fracture treated in the Ed you would use a fracture treament code. Our encoder doesn't take us there neither but to find the CPT we code as if manipulation was done and whatever code comes up we look at the CPT code and use it as guide. In your scenerio if you would code it in the encoder as with manipulation and get 26605. We would then use that as a guide and look up 26605 and there you will see the 26600 CPt which is what we would charge for.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join